Come and say a big 'thank you' to our armed forces
One hundred years ago the First World War ended, and a new world began. The courage and experience of those who lived through it shaped the world we live in today. In 2018 The Royal British Legion is leading the nation in saying ‘thank you’ to all who served, sacrificed and changed our world.
Manchester Armed Forces Day will take place on Saturday 30 June 2018 in St Peter's Square.
Show your support to our Armed Forces in the heart of Manchester
Activities will run from 11am to 4pm and include:
- The Lancashire Artillery Band
- a military display of vehicles
- military taster activities such as sitting in a Jet Provost cockpit
- a chance to try on real military kit and have a go at radio communications with the Military Veterans Museum UK
- information stalls where you can find out more about the military, as well as veteran support services
- delicious food and drink.
Central Library will be open throughout the event – why not pop in and see the fantastic archive material on the local military.
It’s a great day out for all the family in the heart of our city. Come along to say ‘thank you’ and honour the outstanding contribution made by current members of the Armed Forces and veterans of all ages.
Offers for veterans
On production of an Armed Forces ID card or Veterans Badge, Armed Forces personnel and veterans can enjoy the following special offers and discounts:
Free travel on the day on Metrolink trams, and on Arriva, Stagecoach, First and Transdev buses in Greater Manchester. Available on production of your Armed Forces ID card, or Veterans Badge and a photo ID.
Manchester Art Gallery
- 10% discount in restaurant and shop www.manchestergalleries.org
- Free NCP car parking on the day at:
- Manchester Central, Lower Mosley Street M2 3GX
- Arena Car Park, New Bridge Street (Trinity Way) M3 1LE
Town Hall and Central Library
- 20% discount in the Central Library Cafe.