Moor Road, Wythenshawe, M23 9BP
0161 245 7087
About this library
We’re part of the trend that now sees public libraries sharing buildings. You’ll spot our colourful entrance on Moor Road under the multi-coloured banner of the fabulous, forward-thinking secondary school Manchester Health Academy – sponsored and driven by the values of the NHS and Manchester’s University Hospitals.
We share their building and we share their belief in reading, online learning, improving your prospects and enjoying all the library’s fun and facilities. They’re some of the best medicines you can get.
Opening times for library
Computer access within the library will shut down 15 minutes before the library closes.
- Monday: 10am-1pm 2-5pm
- Tuesday: 10am-1pm 2-5pm
- Wednesday: 10am-1pm 2-8pm
- Thursday: closed
- Friday: 10am-1pm 2-5pm
- Saturday: 10am-1pm 2-5pm
Bank holidays we are closed.
Regular weekly events
- Tiny Tots and Toddler Time Monday’s 11am to noon, term time only. For all families with a child under 5, join us for stories, songs, rhymes, crafts and a healthy snack.
- Code Club Wednesday 4pm to 5pm, term time only. We welcome beginners to our popular coding sessions
- Drop - in for basic ICT support Wednesday 2pm to 3pm
- Lego Club every Saturday 10am to 12:30pm. We have a fantastic Lego collection for all children 6+
Regular Monthly Events
- Coffee Day - 10am to 12:30pm and 2pm to 4:30pm we will be serving complimentary tea, coffee and biscuits to all our customers. Last Friday of every month
- Brooklands Library Adult Reading Group - meet the last weds every month 6:30pm to 7:30pm. New members are always welcome to our friendly group. Light refreshments included.
- Books for loan
- Free wifi
- Computer facilities, internet access & free computers
- Drop in for basic IT support
- Health Information Point
- Newspapers and magazines
- Parent and carer information point
- Printing and photocopying
- Talking books for loan
There may be a charge for some services see fines and charges
Join, search and reserve
More about Libraries