Hulme High Street Library, Leisure Centre, Hulme High Street, M15 5NN
0161 227 3739
About this library
Hulme had the very first branch library of Manchester’s free library – which was itself the country’s first free library.
And free public access to books still matters here with the library now based in the leisure centre on Hulme High Street.
Hulme’s pioneering, independent spirit lives on here.
Opening times for library
The library will be open from 6.30am until 9.30pm Monday - Friday and 9am until 5pm Saturday and Sunday 9am until 4.30pm:
Library staff will be there as follows:
- Mondays: 1–5pm
- Tuesdays: 9am–1pm
- Wednesdays: 9am–8pm
- Thursdays: 9am-1pm
- Saturdays: 9am-1pm & 2–5pm
Bank holidays we are closed.
Christmas opening times
Computer access within the library will shut down 15 minutes before the library closes.
- Tuesday 24 December: 9am to 12.30pm
- Wednesday 25, Thursday 26 and Friday 27 December: closed
- Saturday 28 December: 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 4pm
- Sunday: closed
- Monday 30 December: 1pm to 5pm
- Tuesday 31 December: 9am to 1pm
- Wednesday 1 January: closed
Underground car parking
- Books for loan including other languages/collections: African-Caribbean
- Children's DVDs
- Free wifi
- Computer facilities, internet access & free computers
- Health information point
- Local studies collection
- Newspapers and magazines
- Printing and photocopying
- Talking Books for loan
There may be a charge for some services see fines and charges
Join, search and reserve
More about Libraries
Sign our book of condolence
Our hearts go out to those who have lost their lives or have been affected by the terrible attack on London Bridge.×