Old Church Street, Newton Heath, M40 2JB
0161 234 4474
About this library
Newton Heath has a mighty industrial past as the engineering powerhouse of Manchester. We’re still a powerhouse – of story sessions for tiny tots, job advice for ambitious locals, knitting groups for the creative and thrifty , and a Saturday Club , Code Club and Chatter books Reading Group for young people. The library is situated in a lovely location next to the canal which attracts visitors who come to see the canal boats and resident Canada Geese . Come for a visit to see all the things you could do.
Opening times for library
- Tuesdays from 11am to 3pm
- Thursdays from 11am to 3pm
- Saturdays from 11am to 3pm
The library will be available for use by over 60s from 10am to 11am on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Behind the library
Due to Coronavirus these events are not available.
View the regular events at Newton Heath Library.
- Adult Art Colouring Sessions (drop-in) Tuesdays 2-4pm;
- Knitting Group every Wednesday 2-4pm;
- Reading Group (adults) – contact library for full details;
- Tiny tots and toddler time on Monday 11-11.30am (term time only);
- Benefit validation (10-12.30pm & 2-4.30pm Tue, Wed, Fri & Sat) & 2-7.30pm (Mon)
- Books for loan
- Free wifi
- Computer facilities, internet access & free computers
- DVDs for loan
- Exhibition space (small)
- Health information point
- Language courses for loan
- Local studies collection
- Meeting room
- Parent & carer information point
- Printing and photocopying
- Talking books for loan
There may be a charge for some services see fines and charges
Join, search and reserve
More about Libraries