All driver renewals can now be renewed online. We will send you an email that includes your unique number.
Exception – you can NOT renew online if your badge (hackney carriage or private hire driver licence) has expired. If it has expired you will need to submit a new application, if this is made within 14 days of the licence expiry, it will be fast tracked (assuming all documentation is in order).
To renew your driver licence you will need:
- your Badge number
- your National Insurance number
- to have signed up to the DBS Update Service
- an up to date medical
- an up to date DVLA mandate
- a valid email address
- a debit or credit card
- a passport size photograph
- documentary evidence for the right to work in the UK
Since October 2015, all licensed drivers have to register their DBS certificate with the online checking service, so that we can make annual and spot checks during the currency of the licence. (You can only register your DBS certificate with this service within 30 days of the date that your certificate was issued.)
If you are not signed up online, or your DBS certificate expires part way through your licence, we will register you with our online providers CBS Ltd. To do this you must submit your driver licence renewal application at least 20 working days before the licence expiry date to allow time to register you, and for you to then complete your online DBS application.
If you are required to do an online DBS you will need to fill in the DBS Consent Form prior to us submitting your application.
Medical: If your medical has expired or is due to expire 3 months after your driver licence renewal date, please download the online medical form.
DVLA Mandate: You are required to provide a DVLA mandate to allow us to view your DVLA licence details. Please download the online mandate form.
£254 for a 3 year licence
Application, guidance notes or terms and condition
Once your renewal form and payment have been received you will be:
- Contacted and given a date and time to attend a face to face appointment with us, or advised which documents we require to process your renewal; and
- Details will also be sent to you to make and pay for your online DBS application. Please note that the cost of this is not included in the payment taken for your driver renewal application. The cost of the DBS must be paid directly to CBS Ltd, who administer the online DBS application.
Processing and timescales
Please submit your renewal application as soon as possible, and up to 6 weeks before the expiry date. We aim to process all renewal applications within 10 working days of receipt. If all documentation is in order upon receipt, this is generally quicker, but if any of your documents have expired we require at least 20 working days to process your driver licence renewal.