Environment permitting - part A2 transfer form

  1. Summary

    To transfer all or part of a permit to a different operator, you need to complete a transfer notification form for the local authority in which the installation is located.

    This applies to all Part B and Part A2 Environmental Permits for the operation of certain industrial processes and commercial activities with emissions to air and the wider environment.

    Part of an installation can be transferred to a third party in which case the application needs to set out which specific activities and processes will be part of the transfer to the new operator.

  2. Fees

    See environmental permitting charges guidance

  3. Application and guidance notes

    For an application form for an A2 permit email contact@manchester.gov.uk


  4. Attachments required

    Partial transfer of a permit may need to be accompanied by attachments which clarify the way in which the installation is being divided up and could include:

    • Site map showing the proposed site operations after the transfer
    • Technical reports providing details of the current site activities and how theprocess activities will operate after the transfer of part of the process 

  5. Processing and timescales

    Thank you for your application which has been received and will be responded to within 14 days.

  6. Legislation

    If further information is required the applicant will be notified by the regulator and they must provide this information or the application will be deemed to be withdrawn.

    The application must be from the operator of the regulated facility.

    For waste operations no permit will be granted unless any required planning permission had first been granted. 

    Read the summary of regulation relating to this permit

  7. Validity and renewals

    The Permit will remain in force until it is either surrendered or revoked. There is an annual subsistence fee charged for the regulation of the process to the prescribed standards.

  8. Register

    View the part A2 register

  9. Complaints

    Email contact@manchester.gov.uk in the first instance.

    An applicant who is refused an environmental permit may appeal to the appropriate authority (Secretary of State). Appeals must be lodged no later than six months from the date of the decision.

  10. Contact us


Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?