Before you use this form please read this information.
This page, will detail where we are up to with the different types of applications. Additional pressure is placed upon the service, which decreases our ability to deal with applications, where:
- Payment is not made on time or the wrong fee has been paid;
- Individuals do not notify the Licensing Unit when they are not attending a DBS application or document verification appointment;
- Individuals do not sign into the DBS online checking service; and
- Proprietors do not notify us when they are not attending vehicle test appointments.
In all cases you will receive an acknowledgment from us (either an online receipt or a letter) to advise you we have received your application, however this does not mean we are dealing with it now. We will contact you once your application is being/has been processed.
We can not deal with enquiries about pending applications therefore please do not call us.
Have you recently submitted a...
- Private hire/hackney carriage drivers applications received 12 December 2018; (Stage 1 of the New Driver Process); and
- Private hire vehicles applications received 18 January 2019.
- Private hire/hackney carriage drivers – renewing licences expiring up to 12 January 2019* and
- Private hire/hackney carriage vehicles – renewing licences expiring up to 18 January 2019.
* Due to the high volume of applications being submitted close to the expiry date, and often with several missing elements required to validate the application, we are spending a lot of time chasing and supporting applicants which means that most licences take several days to get through the licensing process; therefore we are currently processing renewal application in expiry date order. We wish to reassure those customers who submit their application well in advance, that we will get to your application as soon as possible and certainly before it expires. If your licence expires before the date listed above and you have not heard from us yet, then please email email@example.com with your badge number and expiry date in the subject line.
All renewal applications must be made and payment received 10 working days prior to the date of expiry of the licence. Your licence is at risk if you do not renew prior to the date of expiry; a new application will need to be submitted if your licence has expired (*except in the case of hackney carriage vehicle proprietor licence). *A new application for a hackney carriage vehicle proprietor licence cannot be submitted.
Vehicles operating beyond age limit:
- Vehicle operating beyond age – 4 January 2019.
- Vehicle transfers – 4 January 2019.
All applications must now be paid for online. Once your application is being processed (Step 1 - below) you will receive a link via email that takes you to the payment area, which advises you how to pay. You can no longer pay via the call centre.
There are 3 steps to applications, until Step 3 is reached applications are not fully processed.
- Step 1 - application added to system, we send you the payment link via the email address provided (except for driver renewals which are paid within the online renewal process);
- Step 2 - application is then on hold until payment is made, we will receive a confirmation email once you have paid in full; and
- Step 3 – your application can now be processed and vehicle/knowledge tests can be arranged as applicable).