Local Markets include Arndale and Church Street, Gorton, Longsight and Wythenshawe Markets.
Casual trading at local outdoor markets
If you want to sell goods or services on a daily casual basis at the local outdoor markets, including the second-hand and mixed markets, you need to apply for a casual registration. This allows you to attend the market on the day of trading, and apply to use a trading space at the market for the day. Daily charges vary depending on the location and type of space.
Regular trading at the local markets
If you want to occupy a trading space at the local markets on a regular or daily basis (including where you already occupy a regular trading space at the market and wish to apply for an additional trading space or move to another trading space you need to apply for an occupancy agreement.
The application process
To apply for a casual registration agreement or occupancy agreement you will need to:
Complete and submit this form with all relevant supporting documents
Please note that to use this online form you must be able to create and upload colour electronic versions of the documents required in the Supporting Documents section of this form. This includes:
• proof of your legal right to work in the UK (normally your passport, including any visa / endorsements)
• two proofs of your home address, showing your name
• proof of your public liability insurance providing a minimum cover of £5 million for trading on British Markets.
• a colour photograph of yourself (passport-type)
• where applicable, provide proof of your registration as a dealer in second-hand goods (registration is free with MCC)
• where applicable, provide proof or your registration as a food business