People and communities Request an interpreter or translation

We provide written translation and face-to-face interpretation services in many community languages including British Sign Language.We also offer services in accessible communication formats (alternative formats), such as Audio-Visual and Braille.

If you are using a Council service and need an interpreter or any of the above services, you can tell the person you are dealing with at the Council and they will arrange it for you.

If you need a document translated or an interpreter for a non-Council related purpose, please contact us by email.  You will need to pay to use this service.  Charges depend on the document and language required.  

For an accurate cost of service, we would need to see the document first. This would need to be sent by email before any costs could be discussed.

We can also provide information and advice on languages and culture.

Interpreters and freelancers

At present, we do not have any vacancies for interpreters. However, if you want to register your interest as a freelancer, please email us.


Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?