Governing bodies have a lot of responsibility for improving school performance and accountability, as well as several legal obligations to make sure that the school is achieving the best possible outcomes for its young people.
The main duties and responsibilities of the governing body include:
- Setting the school’s vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding the school’s leaders to account.
- Ensuring that the school’s finances are well managed.
- Working effectively as a team.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with the head teacher
- Understanding the school and its community.
- Continuously driving school improvement.