Exhaust smoke and idling vehicles
Well maintained modern vehicles should produce very little smoke, whereas excessively smoky vehicles cause air pollution and can be a health hazard.
- Report an excessively smoky lorry or bus exhaust to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA).
- Report a smoky taxi or private passenger vehicle to us using the link below:
You will need:
- make, model and colour of the vehicle;
- vehicle registration number (and taxi licence number if applicable);
- company name (if apparent);
- location, date and time of the incident.
- Investigate in partnership with other agencies, and take action against drivers who cause pollution.