Help and support with Redundancy:
If you have been made redundant or are facing redundancy see our online advice for people who are newly unemployed.
For more information about the redundancy process your employer should follow: Citizen Advice Bureau’s Fair Redundancy Process (info for England only).
The Money Advice Service has an Out of Work Checklist with practical steps to take if you lose your job.
For more information and advice about COVID-19 changes and what they mean for you visit Money Saving Expert
If you are at risk of becoming homeless contact the Council’s Contact Housing Solutions Team telephone: 0161 234 4692 or 0161 234 5001.
Job Seeking help and Training:
You can check Help and Support Manchester to see a list of national and local job-advice organisations, or try:
- National Careers service - careers advice
- Breakthrough and Disability Rights - advice for disabled people
- Support for disabled people - information about the 'Access to work' grant
- Advice for young people
- Support for people who want to work flexibly (Timewise)
- Motiv8 helps over 25’s to find training and employment
- Skills support for employment - one to one support to improve your skills and job prospects
Where to get local advice for your area
- North - Yes Manchester can help you find jobs and take advantage of training and volunteering opportunities
- Central and South - One Manchester offers help with skills, work experience, volunteering and self-employment
- Wythenshawe - Real Opportunities can help you find work
- Manchester Work Clubs - friendly clubs run by local people and organisations can help you find a job in your area. It's all voluntary so you can join or leave at any time.