Get free confidential and independent advice on debt problems from:
- Manchester Citizens Advice Bureau - debt advice sessions are held from 10am to 1pm every Friday in the Customer Service Centre in the Town Hall Extension
- Step Change Debt Charity - a specialist debt charity
- Debt Advice Foundation - a specialist debt charity
- Money Advice Service - set up by government, they provide advice including tax and NI advice
- National Debtline - provides a four-step guide to preventing and dealing with debt
- Money Saving Expert mental health guide - provides resources to help manage the stress of debt
- Money Navigator Tool - provides help and guidance for your finances
- Money Adviser Network - free, confidential and independent debt advice.
Get specific help if legal action is being taken against you.