Examples of when we might make discretionary payments
- If the rules say your home is too big for you but you have a good reason for needing the extra bedrooms.
- If you can't move to somewhere smaller or less expensive because someone in your family has serious health problems.
- If you can't move to somewhere smaller or less expensive and your current tenancy is at risk because you can't afford to pay the difference between your benefit and your rent.
- If your home has been adapted for you or a member of your family.
- If you are affected by the benefit cap.
These are just a few examples. If you have different circumstances that mean you are struggling to pay your rent it is still worth making an application.