Manchester City Council

Benefits & support Discretionary Housing Payments

Apply for a discretionary payment

Don't delay. Apply as soon as you know you may not be able to pay your rent or Council Tax. We may only pay you from the time you apply.

Most people who apply for discretionary payments should complete the Discretionary Payment application form, but you'll need to complete a different form if:

If you can't print a form out, we can send you one. You'll need to email us at 

You must say which DHP form you need us to send. Please also remember to include your name and address in the email.

Return the completed form to us at:

Discretionary Payments
Benefits Service
PO Box 3
M15 5BA

We will write to you as soon as we can with a decision or to ask you for more information and evidence. 

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?