If you are having financial difficulties as a result of Coronavirus measures please see our pages about benefits and money at this time.
You can apply for a cash grant of between £30 and £60 if you are in crisis or have an emergency that's out of your control.
See if you're eligible
To apply you must:
- live in the area covered by Manchester City Council; and
- be 16 or over; and
- have no capital or savings; and
- get one of the following benefits; Income Support, Jobseeker's Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance, Universal Credit or Guaranteed Pension Credit
- not be experiencing hardship because of a decision by the Department of Work and Pensions (if you are, visit http://www.dwp.gov.uk/ or call 0345 608 8545); and
- not have already received a cash grant within the last 12 months.
How the cash grant is paid
If your application is successful, we'll email you a cash voucher that you'll need to print out. If you can't print this see ways to get in touch to let us know.
You can use the voucher anywhere that has a 'Paypoint' terminal and will need to take an official letter or bill that confirms your name and address.
You apply for a cash grant through our 'welfare provision' scheme. You can only apply online and you will need to know your National Insurance number to apply.