Benefits and support Universal Credit

What you’ll need to make a claim

To make a claim, you’ll need:

  • your National Insurance number
  • your address
  • details of the bank, building society or Post Office account you want Universal Credit paid into
  • your tenancy agreement (if you have one) and rent that you pay
  • your landlord's address and phone number
  • details of your savings
  • details of any income that’s not from work
  • details of any other benefits you’re getting
  • your childcare costs
  • your child benefit reference numbers for your children 

You may also need these details for your partner and other people who live in your home.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?