At the end of 2016 we did a city centre review to understand the challenges facing us as the city centre grows.
This included asking residents, visitors, workers, and shoppers about their experiences and views of the city centre.
Then in 2017 we started working to improve the things people said needed work.
Now, one year into our three year plan to improve the city centre, we're doing another survey to see how you think we're getting on with these improvements.
If you have any questions about the survey, please contact Rebecca Edwards (email@example.com).
At the end of the survey, you can give us your contact details to be in with a chance of winning a prize in our draw - we will contact winners using the details provided.
We've got the following prizes up for grabs:
- an Annie Swynnerton catalogue and a private introduction to the show with a curator from Manchester Art Gallery
- 2 tickets to any of the 2018-2019 concerts from the Halle Orchestra
- 2 tickets to a 2018-19 season show (including Hacienda and Northern Soul) from Manchester Camerata
- 2 tickets to a theatre show or cinema screening at HOME
- a meal for 2 at the restaurant in HOME.
Summary of results
The City Centre Survey took place from 27 July to 24 August 2018. The survey was undertaken as part of the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the City Centre Implementation Plan. The survey was promoted predominantly via social media channels and received support from city centre stakeholders in sharing social media posts. The survey received a high response rate from the public, 3,002 people completed the survey. Respondents were generally very positive about their experience of the city centre, however highlighted many areas for improvement.