Greater Manchester’s plan for homes, jobs, and the environment (the spatial framework) has been put together by Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA). This consists of the Mayor of Greater Manchester and the leaders of Greater Manchester's ten local councils.
This plan is about providing the right homes, in the right places, for people across our city region. It’s about creating jobs and improving infrastructure to ensure the future success of Greater Manchester.
- sets out how Greater Manchester should develop up until 2037
- identifies the amount of new development that will come forward across the 10 districts, in terms of housing, offices, and industry and warehousing, and the main areas in which this will be focused
- supports the delivery of key infrastructure, such as transport and utilities
- protects the important environmental assets across the city region
- allocates sites for employment and housing outside of the existing urban area, and
- defines a new green belt boundary for Greater Manchester.
The plan talks about jobs and homes, but it’s about so much more than bricks and mortar. It's about reducing inequalities, improving the lives of our residents, and transforming Greater Manchester into the world-leading city-region we know it can be.
The consultation closed on Monday 18 March 2019
Responses can be found in two places:
- Via https://www.gmconsult.org. On this site, you can see a list of all of the responses, as they were completed. This includes all letters and emails (that have been manually entered) - as well as the responses made via the portal. You will not be able to search for responses here.
- Alternatively, you can see all responses on the Combined Authority website www.greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk/gmsf-response where you can access an excel sheet of all of the responses that were made, including being able to search for your own response, responses made by question number and responses in your local area. There is also the ability to search for all of the additional information and responses that people submitted as attachments.
If you have any enquiries email the Combined Authority on - firstname.lastname@example.org
The next consultation on the plan will happen in Summer 2020.