Last year we carried out a survey into parking issues in the Hathersage Road area. The feedback we recieved showed clear support for a residents’ parking scheme.
We are therefore proposing to introduce a residents' parking scheme in the area. This will mean that there will be various parking restrictions to:
- discourage commuter parking
- make it easier for residents to park close to their homes
- also improve road safety and the flow of traffic.
The proposed parking restrictions will include:
- 'No waiting at any time' (double yellow lines) to remove obstructive parking and improve visibility and safety.
- 'Limited Waiting Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, 3 hours, no return within 1 hour, except permit-holders’, these bays will allow permit-holders to park at any time, and allow visitors to the area to park for up to three hours.
- ‘Residents only past this point. Only residents or visitors with permits can park within these areas.’ There will be no bay markings in these areas, which will allow residents the flexibility to organise the way they park.
We want to know what you think about these proposals.
You can also come along and meet us on Tuesday 28 January from 4pm to 7pm at Bridgelea Primary School, Plymouth Grove West, Longsight, Manchester M13 0AQ.