Last year we carried out a survey into parking issues in the St George's area. The feedback we recieved showed clear support for a residents’ parking scheme.
We are therefore proposing to introduce a residents' parking scheme in the area. This will mean that there will be various parking restrictions to:
- discourage commuter parking
- make it easier for residents to park close to their homes
- also improve road safety and the flow of traffic.
The proposed parking restrictions will include:
- ‘No waiting at any time’ (double yellow lines) and ‘No Loading at Any Time’ (double kerb blips) around junctions to improve visibility and safety.
- ‘No waiting Monday to Friday, 11am to 3pm’ (single yellow lines) to discourage commuter parking during the day and offering flexibility for residents.
- ‘No waiting Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm and Saturday 8am to 12.30pm’ at a section of Stretford Road
- ‘No waiting at any time’ along sections of Chorlton Road, to improve traffic flow during peak times.
- Disabled bays outside City Road Surgery.
- ‘Limited waiting Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm, 3 hours, no return within 1 hour, except permit-holders’; these bays would allow permit-holders to park at any time and would allow visitors to the area to park for a maximum of three hours.
- ‘Residents only past this point Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. Only residents or visitors with permits can park within these areas.’ There would be no bay markings in these areas, allowing residents the flexibility to organise the way they park.
We want to know what you think about these proposals.
You can also come along and meet us on Thursday 23 January, from 4 to 7pm in the Foyer area of Thomas Court, Beattock Close, Manchester M15 4JA.