This survery closed on the 3 February
Last year we carried out a survey into parking issues in the Britannia Basin area. The feedback we recieved showed clear support for a residents’ parking scheme.
We are therefore proposing to introduce a residents' parking scheme in the area. This will mean that there will be various parking restrictions to:
- discourage commuter parking
- also improve road safety and the flow of traffic.
The proposed parking restrictions will include:
- No waiting at any time (double yellow lines), to improve visibility and safety while ensuring the free flow of traffic
- No loading at any time (double yellow kerb blips), to improve visibility and safety while ensuring the free flow of traffic
- Pay and Display bays operating Monday to Sunday, 8am to 8pm. The tariffs would be:
- up to 30 minutes: 60p
- up to 1 hour: £1.25
- up to 1 hour 30 minutes: £1.85
- up to 2 hours: £2.50
- up to 2 hours 30 minutes: £3.10
- up to 3 hours: £3.70
The maximum stay would be 3 hours.
These charges and time restrictions would not apply to Blue Badge holders, and there would be no charge for parking on bank holidays.
We want to know what you think about these proposals.
You can also come along and meet us on Wednesday 22 January 4 to 7pm. Phoenix House, Ellesmere St. Manchester M15 4JY (formerly known as ‘Grove Galleries’).