Have your say about the plans
This consultation has now closed.
Further proposed measures
We are suggesting a number of other changes to support the scheme and prevent ‘rat-running’ around closures etc.
- Placing filters to allow walking and cycling but not traffic:
- at the junction of Longford Road with Manchester Road.
- on a section of Sandy Lane and Corkland Road to reduce vehicle volumes for non-residents.
- on sections of Hartington Road, Torbay Road, Dartmouth Road and Dawlish Road to reduce vehicle volumes for non-residents.
- on Keppel Road, Brundretts Road, Egerton Road South, Zetland Road and Corkland Road.
- Additional junction speed tables either end of Fairhaven Avenue.
- New traffic calming to Albany Road / Brantingham Road and Brundetts Road.
- Proposed cyclops style junction at St. Werburghs Road / Wilbraham Road. (subject to modelling)
- Additional junction protection markings to remove parking at the following junctions:
- Sandy Lane / Fairhaven Avenue junction
- St. Anne's Road / Fairhaven Avenue junction
- Sandy Lane / Limley Grove junction
- Sandy Lane / Nell Lane / St. Werburgh's Road junction