Manchester City Council

Crime, antisocial behaviour & nuisance Get help and advice about domestic abuse

Legal action and how we can support you

You can look into taking legal action to stop domestic abuse or prevent it from happening again. This includes civil action, such as injunctions and orders to protect children and criminal action where the police become involved (including if you are being harassed or followed).

The helplines will give you advice on this, or if you want to apply for orders yourself, the council’s Independent Domestic Abuse Advisors can support you to do it.

There are also legal orders that you can apply for in various circumstances to order the abusive person to leave your home, or to keep them away from it.

To find out more about these legal powers, and the support we can give you, contact us by email or by telephone on 0161 234 5393.


Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?