Advice for new businesses
When opening a food business in Manchester legal requirements to ensure food is safe can be burdensome, worrying and can often be a barrier. The advice service can help reduce this pressure and help get business operators off to the right start:
- We will carry out a pre-inspection visit and provide advice regarding the structure, layout and equipment of your food premises;
- Advice on your food safety management system - appropriate for the size and complexity of the premises and be advised;
- Practices and processes will be observed and recommendations recorded;
- A report of the visit will be created highlighting the important aspects that require attention; and
- Experience Environmental Health officers will arrange and meet with the business owner to discuss requirements.