Advice for existing businesses
Our business ‘health check’
Keeping your business up to date with the latest legal requirements and industry guidance can be both expensive and time consuming. Our business health check is a paid service which can assist your business in maintaining compliance but also help towards expanding and developing. The business health check covers tailored advice to fit your business need:
- Allergen advice and support - the correct allergen guidance for business is essential for the safe preparation and sale of food, both retail and at supply;
- The development of HACCP and food safety management system - assistance can be given for businesses during a period of expansion, process changes or equipment changes;
- Food standard and food labelling requirements - specific advice can be given regarding the legal requirements on food labelling, also covering health and nutrient claims;
- Importing and exporting – we can provide advice and guidance on the process of importing and exporting goods in and out of the UK, giving clear requirements and explaining legislation to help with the process;
- Post inspection support – if you have recently had a food hygiene inspection and your score was low, a pre inspection is a great way to go through any issues to get your premises back on track; and
- Audit of your food business - audit your business against your own set procedures and policies.
What we offer
- Start-up business can benefit from a great start and set off on a path of compliance, saving both time and unnecessary expense;
- Legislation and procedures to support business can be clearly explained;
- Due to increased awareness of the food hygiene rating system by the public, supported businesses have a better opportunity to achieve the best hygiene rating they can;
- All carried out by experienced Environmental Health officers with a wide range of knowledge and experience; and
- Clear advice given directly from us, the regulator.
Please note that our advisory visits does not guarantee a higher food hygiene rating as part of the national Food Hygiene Rating Scheme, but the visit should help your business increase compliance and identify areas you may need to improve.