Manchester's Sex Work Strategy currently has four priorities:
- Support people who sex work to be safer, healthier and happier
- Inform and influence policy and service design
- Strengthen partnerships and improve information sharing
- Understand and respond to change
The Sex Work Strategy 2020/22 helps us to meet the objectives of the Community Safety Strategy 2018/21 and its goal of protecting people. One of our main aims is to prevent people from becoming victims of criminal activity that targets vulnerable people, leading to exploitation and harm. This might be from modern slavery, domestic violence and abuse, sexual exploitation, criminal exploitation, or violence.
The Community Safety Partnership (CSP) works with partners to protect people from serious harm, so grants were made available for activities to support:
- people who sex work
- those who are involved in the sex industry
- those exploited through sex work
The small grants programme is now open and organisations can apply for up to £5,000.