Manchester City Council

Social services Equipment and adaptations to help you live independently

Major adaptations

You could get funding for major adaptations that help you stay as independent as possible, for as long as possible, in your home. Common examples include wider doorways, ramps, downstairs bathrooms, suitable heating systems, wet rooms, and controls for lighting.

We will visit you at home to discuss what adaptations would be appropriate for you and guide you through the complex process of applying for a 'Disabled Facilities Grant'. See more about this grant on the website.

This won't affect any benefits you get.

You  could also get funding for 

  • Equipment to make life easier, day-to-day, or
  • Minor adaptations.

There could be lots of other things to help you keep doing what you do, your way, including alarms to let someone know if you need help. Just call us to discuss. 0161 234 5001.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?