You can do a number of things online, such as:
- book an appointment to register a birth,
- book an appointment to register a death,
- book an appointment to give notice of a marriage or civil partnership
- pay the balance of the fee for a marriage or civil partnership.
- buy copy certificates - currently only birth, death and marriage certificates can be bought online. This service will be available again for civil partnership certificates in the near future.
For other things you might need to contact us another way.
Monday to Friday, during office hours
The lines are very busy. If you are having difficulty getting through, please send us an email, including details of your enquiry and your contact number in case we need to phone you back. We will respond to your email as soon as we can, but we cannot guarantee a same day response.
Tel: 0161 234 5005 and choose the relevant option for:
- Registering a death - option 1
- Registering a still birth - option 1
- Registering a birth - option 2
- Marriage - option 3
- Civil Partnership - option 3
- Naming Ceremony - option 3
- Renewal of Vows Ceremony - option 3
- Copy certificates - option 4
- Citizenship Ceremonies- option 5
- EU Settlement Scheme - Identity verification service - option 5
Saturday (between 9am and 3pm)
If you need to contact us urgently on a Saturday between the hours of 9am and 3pm, regarding a burial within 24 hours, or a ceremony that is due to take place imminently, you should ring 07904 417 282 and leave a message. A member of staff will ring you back as soon as possible, but we can only respond to urgent enquiries: all non-urgent enquiries should be made during office hours Monday to Friday.
Out of office hours help in an emergency
If you need to, you can contact us in an emergency, such as:
- a burial required within 24 hours
- an urgent issue about a ceremony due to take place imminently
- an urgent marriage or civil partnership
The Register Office
47 Lloyd Street
Manchester M2 5LE
How to find us
Manchester Register Office is located in Heron House, which is on the corner of Albert Square and Lloyd Street, opposite Manchester Town Hall. There are several entrances to Heron House; the entrance for the Register Office is on Lloyd Street. (There is a black canopy over the entrance with a sign saying Lloyd Street on the top of it)