How much does a search cost?
VAT and the Con29
VAT is charged at the standard rate of 20% in relation to the Con29 and Con29O.
VAT No. 149 1519 58
The statutory LLC1 official certificate of search is not affected by VAT.
Local Land Charge Search Fees
Standard Official Search (Con29 and LLC1 submitted at the same time)
- standard official search: £74.50 (including £11.00 VAT)
- additional parcel - cost per parcel: £7.45 (including £1.10 VAT)
LLC1 (official requisition of search)
- certificate of search - the whole of the land charges register (parts 1 to 12): £8.50
- additional parcel - cost per parcel: £0.85
- certificate of search - any single part of the land charges register: £4.00
Con29 Enquiries of Local Authorities
- standard enquiries (Q1-Q3): £66.00 (including £11.00 VAT)
- additional parcel - cost per parcel: £6.60 (including £1.10 VAT)
Con29O Enquiries of Local Authorities
- Band 1 enquiries (price per question): £3.00 (including £0.50 VAT)
- Band 1 Enquiries: Q4 - Road proposals by private bodies, Q5 - Advertisements, Q6 - Completion notices, Q7 - Parks and countryside, Q9 - Houses in multiple occupation, Q10 - Noise abatement, Q11 - Urban development areas, Q12 - Enterprise zones, local development orders & bids, Q13 - Inner urban improvement areas, Q14 - Simplified planning zones, Q15 - Land maintenance notices, Q16 - Mineral consultation and safeguarding areas, Q17 - Hazardous substance consents, Q18 - Environmental and pollution notices, Q19 - Food safety notices, Q20 - Hedgerow notices, Q21 - Flood defence and land drainage consents
- Band 2 enquiries (price per question): £6.00 (including £1.00 VAT)
- Band 2 Enquiries: Q8 - Pipelines
- Band 3 enquiries (price per question): £9.00 (including £1.50 VAT)
- Band 3 Enquiries:Q22 - Common land and town or village green