Appeal against a charge for collection of an unwanted item
Are you seeing a charge for your collection, but you think you have not had a free collection since last March? This could be because the collection was ordered by the previous householder.
We can make a collection for free if:
- you moved into your home after last March; and
- you have not already had a collection of unwanted items; and
- we have said we will charge you for this collection; and
- you can attach proof of when you moved in: a council tax payment schedule; a council tax exemption certificate; or a tenancy agreement
If you meet these conditions, please email us. Include:
- Your first name(s)
- Your surname
- Flat or house number
- Street name
- email address
- Daytime phone number
Attach a scan of one of these documents to your email to prove when you moved in.
- council tax payment schedule
- council tax exemption certificate
- tenancy agreement
Send your email to: email@example.com
If you can't scan your document, ask at any Manchester library.
Do not continue with the form now, unless you are prepared to pay for the collection. We cannot give a refund. Wait until we tell you whether you can have the collection for free.