Manchester profiles and maps
In addition the following sources are available:
- If you are a resident in Manchester you can create a Your Neighbourhood account, which contains information about where you live
- The Local Studies Library provides access to reference documents relating to Manchester's history.
- ONS local authority profiles provide comparison data at local authority level for child poverty, demography, economic context, employment, enterprise, environment, housing, inclusion, skills and LEPs.
- Data for Neighbourhoods and Regeneration (Data4NR) offers links to a wide range of external datasets which provide data for Manchester and its neighbourhoods.GOV.UK gives access to a selection of information from central government departments, agencies and public bodies.
- The UK Data Service is an ESRC-funded resource, acting as a single point of access to a wide range of secondary data including large-scale government surveys, international macrodata, business microdata, qualitative studies and census data from 1971 to 2011.
- GOV.UK gives access to a selection of information from central government departments, agencies and public bodies.
- The Local Government Information Unit provides policy briefings and publications related to local government issues.
- The Local Government Association issues publications on local authority issues. The LG Inform Plus pages provide a selection of ward data for local authorities.
- NOMIS provides data on employment, unemployment, benefits and Census for Manchester, its neighbourhoods, postcode sectors, parliamentary constituencies and health areas
Download a map of the current wards Manchester.
Other useful sources of mapping data for Manchester include:
- MappingGM provides a range of maps that you can use to explore Greater Manchester's housing, planning and infrastructure data.
- Ordnance Survey's Open Data provides free access to a selection of mapping datasets available for Great Britain.
- Royal Mail Postcode Finder - find a postcode for a UK address.