Manchester City Council

Some services not available

Council Tax, Housing Benefit and business rates details are not available from 6.30pm until midnight as we're doing some maintenance. Sorry for any inconvenience.


Homes & property Housing support to live independently

Support for older people

In order to be eligible for housing support as an older person, you must meet the minimum age requirement determined by your housing provider, or be resident in a sheltered housing scheme in Manchester which is run by a registered provider. You can look for services on Help and Support Manchester, our online service directory.

If you want to find out more about housing options for older people, including Age Preferred housing, Sheltered housing and Extra Care housing, you can do that on our housing pages.


Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?