Roads and transport Winter services - roads

Ice forming from water leaks

If you see a water leak or burst pipe during cold spells, report it to us so that we can grit the area, because black ice can form quickly.

Let us know where the ice is forming and - if you can see it - where the water is coming from. Ideally, give us the address or a description of the location, and whether it seems to be on private property or in an open space such as a park or square.

We will make the area safe, then pass the details to the relevant utility company, landowner, or register the problem with our own contractors (if the fountain is in a public place), to carry out any necessary repairs. 

We are unable to deal with ice issues on private property. 

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?