Current road closures: Junctions A to D
We aim to have all works on Regent Road finished by the end of August, but due to the severe weather there may be some minor delays. We will keep you informed here and on social media.
- Regent Road reduced from two lanes to one in each direction until spring 2019. Access for pedestrians and cyclists will be maintained throughout the works
- Mancunian Way A56 / Chester Road roundabout approaches have been reduced to one lane and the inner lane of the roundabout has also closed. These lane restrictions are scheduled to last until Summer 2019
- Water Street. There will be no right turn onto Water Street until mid-August
- During the works, a free recovery service is in place to reduce delays caused by broken down cars; on site signs give details for any motorists in need. To date, 27 vehicles have been rescued for free.
For travel updates visit www.tfgm.com
Temporary road closures for resurfacing
Since Monday 29 April resurfacing works have been taking place on Regent Road and will continue into the summer. During this time, there will be periods of overnight and daytime working on that will require full carriageway closures. The detailed closures are as follows:
Chester Road/ Mancunian Way Interchange - resurfacing works will take place from 5 August to 27 August, with night time closures from 7pm to 5am. Noisier works to cease at 12am (no overnight closures to be carried out during Pride weekend: 24 and 25 August, and no work will take place on Sunday nights).
During this time, the roundabout will be partially closed, however diversionary signage will be clearly displayed throughout.
Friday 9 August - from 9.30am to 3pm the inner lanes of the roundabout will be fully closed in both directions to carry out necessary works. Diversionary signage will be in place, to take traffic around the outside lanes.
There will also be turning bans on the nights of 8 & 9 August, from 7pm to 5am at the junction of Dawson Street, Regent Road, Trinity Way and Water Street. This is for line painting work.
- Ban of the right turn from Trinity Way onto Regent Rd
- Ban of right hand turn from Water St South onto Regent Rd making it left hand turn only
- Ban of right hand turn from Dawson Street onto Trinity Way.
- Additionally in the same night once the first part is complete: ban of the right hand turn from Trinity onto Water St North.
As usual this will be dependent on weather. Trinity Way/Regent Road/Water St themselves will be open.
This 3D animation shows what the finished work will look like.