Current road closures
- Regent Road reduced from two lanes to one in each direction until spring 2019. Access for pedestrians and cyclists will be maintained throughout the works
- Mancunian Way A56 / Chester Road roundabout approaches have been reduced to one lane and the inner lane of the roundabout has also closed. These lane restrictions are scheduled to last until spring 2019
- Water Street. There will be no right turn onto Water Street until the end of April 2019
- During the works, a free recovery service is in place to reduce delays caused by broken down cars; on site signs give details for any motorists in need. To date, 27 vehicles have been rescued for free.
For travel updates visit www.tfgm.com
Temporary road closures for resurfacing
Since Monday 29 April resurfacing works have been taking place on Regent Road and will continue into the summer. During this time, there will be periods of overnight and daytime working on that will require full carriageway closures. The detailed closures are as follows:
Oldfield Road South from Regent Road to St Bartholomew's Drive
- Monday 3 June to Monday 1 July
Chester Road cycle lane
- Monday 24 June to Friday 5 July
Regent Road Westbound
- Wednesday 26 June to Saturday 29 June (Overnight closure only 10pm to 5am)
Access to all businesses and properties will be maintained at all times and diversions will be put in place.