Contractors and suppliers
What sort of work will there be?
More than 100 work packages will be available across the six years of the Town Hall project covering:
- conservation of the building's many heritage features
- mainstream construction work, such as mechanical and electrical engineering, pointing, and scaffolding
- landscaping and repairing Albert Square.
We're particularly keen to attract local companies to work with us on the project. Contractors and suppliers have been encouraged to offer opportunities for Manchester people to benefit from the Our Town Hall project, and – working with Manchester schools and colleges, voluntary or charity organisations – you'll help to improve the skills and ambitions of our communities.
If you would like to find out more, there's still time to register your interest.
The types of work needed will include electrical, joinery, plumbing and general construction, but there will also be more specific skills required, such as:
- Architectural faience
- Ceramic wall tiling, glazed brickwork and Minton tilework
- Decorative ironwork and leadwork
- Doors and ironmongery
- Historic glass and leaded windows
- Internal stonework, stonemasonry (Millstone Grit) and stone vaulting
- Lath and plaster
- Lead roofing
- Monument and fountain restoration
- Natural slate roofing
- Painted Grano Screed
- Parquetry timber tiles
- Plaster on brickwork
- Portcullis ironwork and mechanism
- Roof trusses
- Timber carving, staircases, windows and doors.