Albert Square and its statues
New plans for Albert Square
Proposals have been unveiled that would make Manchester’s Albert Square one of the finest civic spaces in Europe.
The outline plans (subject to full consultation) would see the square enlarged by around 20 per cent to significantly enhance its role as Manchester’s most important public square and outside event space. See the draft plans online.
The Albert Square Statues
- The statue of Prince Albert, by Matthew Noble, is housed in a memorial by Thomas Worthington
- Statue of John Bright, by Albert Bruce-Joy
- Statue of Oliver Heywood, by Albert Bruce-Joy
- Statue of James Fraser by Thomas Woolner
- Statue of William Gladstone by Mario Raggi
Open the Albert Square album in flickr