Last updated 4.05pm, Wednesday 01 July
Schedule for opening our markets
- Gorton Market is open again with reduced open days, except for hair services which will reopen on Saturday 4 July (all other personal services remain closed). The reopening of the outdoor pop-up market has been delayed.
- Longsight Market is open again with reduced open days and hours for food. The second-hand market will be open from Tuesday 7 July and the general market will be open with reduced open days and hours from Wednesday 8 July.
- Wythenshawe Outdoor Market Units are open, except for hair services which will reopen on Saturday 4 July (all other personal services remain closed). The indoor market will open again with reduced open days and hours on Friday 3 July, and the outdoor pop-up market will reopen on Monday 6 July.
- The Sunday Market at New Smithfield Market will reopen for licensed traders only on Sunday 12 July. We are hoping to extend this to include casual Sunday Market trading from Sunday 26 July, and then to reopen the Car Boot Market from Sunday 16 August.
- Piccadilly Streetfood market reopened on Thursday 18 June.
- The Arndale Food Market will also be reopened for food and non-essential businesses from Monday 15 June. Hair services will reopen on Saturday 4 July.
Customers can expect to see rules and systems which mirror those seen in supermarkets, including limiting the number of people in the market areas, one-way systems, hand sanitisers at entry points and social distancing practices in place.
Opening days and times have been reduced in order for deep cleansing to be carried out regularly.
There are a number of independent markets that operate around Manchester which we do not manage, you will need to visit their websites to see when they operate.