Public events and gatherings
Last updated 10.19am, Thursday 19 March
- The Premier League have suspended games until at least 4 April, meaning no home games for Manchester City FC or Manchester United FC.
- The Manchester Marathon has been postponed.
- Cancelled - LEN Waterpolo match scheduled 2 - 5 April
- UCI BMX Supercross 18 - 19 April, cancelled.
- All British Cycling sanctioned events through to end of April cancelled
- Nagar Kirtan Sikh Parade 3rd May - postponed until later in year
- Student Social 30 April, cancelled
- Mother’s Day Market, St Anne’s Square. Cancelled due to low trader numbers
- GobeFest, 26 - 28 June, cancelled
Youth and community centres
- City in the Community activities are suspended
- Barlow Moor Community Association - closure of all youth sessions
- Wythenshawe Youth Alliance - youth bank event cancelled
- Young Shakespeare theatre sessions have ceased all activity
- Millenium Powerhouse - reduced opening hours. All evening sports, dance and arts sessions closed
- Hideaway - reduced opening hours. All evening sessions closed
At the moment, the city’s events programme is continuing as normal, as are smaller scale gatherings, such as council meetings.
If you are concerned about whether an event you are attending is affected, please check with the individual venues.