Outdoor sports and play areas
Rules and Guidance
Whilst you’re being active, your personal safety is of paramount importance to us. Please ensure you adhere to the following guidelines when using any of Manchester’s outdoor sports and play facilities.
Stay safe and stay active.
- You can go outside more than once a day for exercise if following social distancing guidelines, are alone, with members of your household, or with one person from outside your household
- You can play sports in groups of no more than two people, unless with your household
- Members of households can play sport together in public
- Players need to provide their own equipment
- Players should take responsibility for their own personal hygiene and precautions, carrying hand sanitiser if you can
- Clean your equipment, including water bottles, before and after use
- Additional guidance may apply for individual sport / play areas
- Do not share water / equipment with people outside your household group
- Avoid touching any court gates, fences, benches, fixed surfaces etc. if possible
- Do not congregate after playing
- Do not make physical contact with other players (such as shaking hands or high five)
- Do not play in groups more two, other than with those of your household
Necessary preparations are being implemented to ensure all our sports facilities are safe to use and fit for purpose.
Please continue to check this page or follow MCRactive across social media for regular updates #MCRactive.
For guidance on athletics and running visit the England Athletics website