To support residents whose earnings are affected by staying at home and isolating for 14 days, the Government has set up the Test and Trace Support Payment Scheme where eligible residents can apply to their Local Authority for a one off payment of £500. Eligible residents who start to self-isolate from 28 September are able to apply.
Who is eligible
You may be eligible if you have been told by the NHS to self-isolate, either because you have tested positive for COVID-19 or you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive.
To be eligible for the scheme you must be a Manchester resident and meet all of the following criteria:
- You must have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace either because you have tested positive for COVID-19, or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive.
- The start date of your self-isolation must be on or after 28 September.
- You must be employed or self-employed.
- You must be unable to work from home and will lose income as a result of having to stay at home and self-isolate.
- You must be receiving Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.
If you are not receiving one of these benefits but are on a low income and self-isolation will cause you exceptional financial hardship, you may still be entitled under a special discretionary scheme. You can apply for the discretionary scheme using the same online form.
Who is not eligible
You will not be eligible for the scheme if you:
- Have not received a notification from NHS Test and Trace telling you to self-isolate.
- Are quarantining after travelling abroad (unless you test positive during the 14-day quarantine period).
- Have been asked to self-isolate before 28 September 2020
- Have been asked to self-isolate by the NHS COVID 19 web app
- Are self isolating because you, or another member of your household has symptoms of COVID-19
- Are unable to work because a child under your care cannot attend school due to an outbreak of COVID-19
- Continue to receive full wages during your period of self-isolation.
- Can work from home during the period of your self-isolation.
If you're not eligible there may be other support available using our Community Support Hub.