How to apply
What you will need
- Your National Insurance Number
- A copy of a recent bank statement (issued within the last two months which must clearly show your name and bank details)
- Proof of employment (eg. a payslip, letter from your employer, etc.)
- The name and address of your employer
- If you are self-employed: proof of your self-employment, eg. recent business bank statement (within the last two months), most recent set of accounts or evidence of self-assessment tax returns
- Your NHS Test and Trace Account ID reference (8 digit identifier e.g. 4a2c204a). This can be found on your contact journey invitation message (sent by text message or email) or on the confirmation message you were sent when you completed the NHS Test and Trace questionnaire. You will not be able to submit an application without this.
What else you need to do
If you receive a self-isolation payment you must self-isolate as requested by NHS Test and Trace.
The NHS website has more information for people who have tested positive, or for anyone that has been in contact with someone who later tested positive, and was told to self-isolate.
You may be prosecuted if you provide false information, or if you do not self-isolate.
Any payment made as a result of fraud may be subject to claw back, as will any grants paid in error. The Government is supporting local councils to make the necessary checks to ensure payments can be verified and have been made correctly.