Last updated at 2pm Tuesday 27 July 2021
Covid support lines
Due to ongoing pressure on services we need to prioritise our most vulnerable adults and children: we have set up a helpline to support Manchester's most vulnerable people, and help them cope with the impacts of the coronavirus outbreak. Find out more about the helpline and the support we can offer.
- COVID HUB from 9am to 5pm
- Track and Trace Self Isolation Payments from 9am to 6pm
All other services are open as usual.
Customer Service Centre
The Customer Service Centre in the Town Hall Extension is not open to walk-in visitors.
Most council services are available online and you should access these through our website wherever possible.
If you can't resolve your issue online, try calling or emailing the relevant team:
- Adult Social Care Financial Assessments - 0161 234 5383
- Benefits - 0161 234 5003 / email@example.com
- Business Rates - 0161 234 1103 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Council Tax - 0161 234 5002 / email@example.com.
- Elections - 0161 234 1212, firstname.lastname@example.org
- M4 Translations - email@example.com
- Neighbourhood Services - 0161 234 5004 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parking and Bus Lane - 0161 234 4111 / representations@manchester.
- Pest Control - 0161 234 4928, email@example.com
- Private Sector Housing - 0161 245 7850 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- School admissions - 0161 245 7166 / school.admissions@manchester.
- Taxi Licensing - 0161 234 5004 / email@example.com
- Universal Credit - 0800 328 5644
For other enquiries you can try our switchboard on 0161 234 5000
If you are concerned for the safety or wellbeing of a child or adult, you can contact our social care service on 0161 234 5001.
If you are calling to report an emergency that is an immediate risk to public safety, please call 0161 223 7222.
The housing advice service and homelessness reception centre are currently closed
If you have any form of accommodation in which you can remain it is essential that you stay where you are and do not access these services.
During this extremely challenging period services are especially busy, remaining accommodation is scarce and prioritised for those in acute need.
If you believe you have nowhere to stay immediately you should call 0161 234 4692 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will deal with your enquiry as quickly as we can, but we can't provide a face to face service at this time.
In an emergency
Licensing and out of hours complaints
The Licensing and Out of Hours Team are operating up to 1am from Sunday to Thursday, and up to 4.30am on Friday and Saturday. All new cases need to be logged online and a case officer will make contact. Staff are available to take calls between 10am and 1am (Sunday to Thursday), and 10am to 4.30am (Friday and Saturday)
After 6pm you can report emergency noise or premises trading issues that cause an immediate risk to public safety on 0161 223 7222.
The team will attend incidents if noise is ongoing and having a significant impact. All noise monitoring will be done from the street as officers will not be entering properties at present due to current guidelines, unless there are exceptional circumstances.