The Government has announced a range of Local Restrictions Support Grants (LRSG) to support businesses required to close during local and national lockdowns. These include grant payments to support:
- Nightclubs, dance halls, and discos and sexual entertainment venues and hostess bars which have been required to close since 23 March 2020. (Grant payments are effective from 1 November and will not be backdated).
- Businesses required to close due to Manchester being placed in Local COVID Alert Level: Very High (Tier 3) from 23 October until 4 November 2020. This includes pubs, bars, casinos, adult gaming establishments, betting shops and soft play centres.
- Businesses required to close due to national lockdown restrictions from 5 November until 2 December 2020. This includes the business affected by the Tier 3 restrictions as well as all non-essential retail, hospitality venues, accommodation, leisure and sports facilities, entertainment venues, personal care facilities and community centres.
We can pay a grant to businesses that are registered in the city of Manchester.
For businesses that were instructed by the Government to close, grants will be paid at the following rates:
- For properties with a rateable value of £15k or under, grants of £1,334 will be paid for every 28-day qualifying restriction period
- For properties with a rateable value of over £15k and below £51k, grants of £2,000 will be paid for every 28-day qualifying restriction period
- For properties with a rateable value of £51k or over, grants of £3,000 will be paid for every 28-day qualifying restriction period
Businesses with multiple properties, each with a business rates liability, will be awarded a grant for each property. Separate applications will be required for each business property.