The Government has announced a range of Local Restrictions Support Grants (LRSG) to support businesses required to close during local and national lockdowns. These include grant payments to support:
- Nightclubs, dance halls, and discos and sexual entertainment venues and hostess bars which have been required to close since 23 March 2020. (Grant payments are effective from 1 November and will not be backdated).
- Businesses required to close due to Manchester being placed in Local COVID Alert Level: Very High (Tier 3) from 23 October until 4 November 2020. This includes pubs, bars, casinos, adult gaming establishments, betting shops and soft play centres.
- Businesses required to close due to national lockdown restrictions from 5 November until 2 December 2020. This includes the business affected by the Tier 3 restrictions as well as all non-essential retail, restaurants, cafes, hospitality venues, accommodation, leisure and sports facilities, entertainment venues, personal care facilities and community centres.
- Businesses required to close due to Local COVID Alert Level: Very High (Tier 3) restrictions from 2 December until 29 December 2020. This includes pubs, bars, restaurants, cafes, casinos, adult gaming establishments, betting shops and soft play centres, hospitality venues, accommodation and entertainment venues.
We can pay a grant to businesses that are registered in the city of Manchester.
For businesses that were instructed by the Government to close, grants will be paid at the following rates:
- For properties with a rateable value of £15k or under, grants of £1,334 will be paid for every 28-day qualifying restriction period
- For properties with a rateable value of over £15k and below £51k, grants of £2,000 will be paid for every 28-day qualifying restriction period
- For properties with a rateable value of £51k or over, grants of £3,000 will be paid for every 28-day qualifying restriction period
Businesses with multiple properties, each with a business rates liability, will be awarded a grant for each property. Separate applications will be required for each business property.
The government has announced an additional £1,000 grant for ‘wet-pubs’ (pubs that do not sell substantial meals) in Tiers 2 and 3 who will miss out on much needed business during the busy Christmas period. If you have applied for an LRSG grant, we will check eligibility and make a payment automatically, you don't need to apply separately for the £1,000 grant. We are waiting for guidance from Government before we can start making payments.
Application and eligibility
If you have previously received an LRSG payment you do not need to apply again. We will use the information from your original application to assess you for any further grant payments.