For a business to qualify for a Local Restriction Support Grant, it must have been required by the Government to close during the National Lockdown from 5 November until 2 December 2020. This includes:
- Nightclubs, dance halls, and discos, sexual entertainment venues and hostess bars that were required to close from 23 March 2020 (Grant payment are only effective from 1 November 2020.)
- Pubs, bars, casinos, adult gaming establishments, betting shops and soft play centres that were required to close from 23 October 2020.
- All non-essential retail, hospitality venues, accommodation, leisure and sports facilities, entertainment venues, personal care facilities and community centres required to close from 5 November 2020.
Businesses that were not required to close by during the national lockdown from 5 November until 2 December 2020 will not be eligible for a grant payment.
- Food shops, supermarkets, garden centres, hardware stores, building merchants and off-licences
- Petrol Stations, car repair and MOT services, bicycle shops, taxi and vehicle hire businesses, car parks and motorway service stations
- Banks, building societies, post offices, loan providers and money transfer businesses
- Medical services such as dentists, opticians and pharmacies
- Vets, pet shops and agricultural supplies shops
- Storage facilities, funeral directors, launderettes and dry cleaners
- Public toilets
- Places of worship
- Outdoor playgrounds
- Businesses on this list that may have chosen to close but were not required to, are not eligible for this grant.
Businesses that have not been required to close, but have suffered hardship as a result other businesses closing, may be eligible for a Discressionary Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG).