COVID-19 Local Restrictions Support Grants

Christmas support payment for wet-led pubs

The Government has announced a £1,000 one off grant payment to support wet-led pubs (pubs where less than 50% of their income is generated from food) in areas under Local COVID Alert Level: High (Tier 2) and Very High (Tier 3).   

Application and payment   

If you have already received a Local Restrictions Support Grant, you don't need to do another application to request a Christmas Support Payment. We'll use the details from your original application to send you a simple form to complete and return.  You will need to return this by 28 February 2021 in order to get a grant payment. 

You'll need to provide a copy of your accounts from before 11 March 2020, to show income from food and drink when sales were not affected by COVID-19 and sign a declaration to confirm that no more than 50% of your income is from food to qualify. If you are not sure what to send, send us what proof you have, and we'll check it against the Government guidance. Don’t let this put you off claiming.  

We are aiming to get payments out in early January to those pubs that we have already paid a grant to and have completed the declaration that we have sent.  

If you haven’t already applied for a Local Restriction Support Grant, apply now as pubs are eligible for several grant payments due to closures enforced under local and national restrictions. This can be for several thousand pounds. We will consider a Christmas support payment along with your Local Restrictions Support Grant payment. Applications must be made before 28 February as Government policy states that we are unable to make Christmas Support Payments after this date. 

Who is eligible:  

  • Only wet-led pubs are eligible for a Christmas Support Payment.   
  • Wet-led pubs are pubs where less than 50% of their income is generated from food and they allow drinking without requiring people to buy food.     

The government has stated that the following businesses are not eligible:  

  • Pubs with more than 50% income from food sales.   
  • The following venues:  
    • Restaurants, cafes, nightclubs, hotels, snack bars, guesthouses, boarding houses, sporting venues, music venues, festival sites, theatres, museums, exhibition halls, cinemas, concert halls and casinos.  
  • Venues that are not open to the general public and/or require an entry free to enter.  
  • Businesses that are in administration, insolvent or have a proposal to strike off.   

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?