The Government has provided an additional discretionary fund to Local Authorities to support businesses that are not eligible for a Local Restrictions Support Grant.
In Manchester, the scheme has been designed to support eligible businesses that:
- were required to close by the Government but are not registered with a business rates account and have fixed business property related costs, such as rent, a lease or mortgage. For example, a shop or food provider within a wider retail space, for example, permanent food, market and retail spaces such as Mackie Mayors, Hatch or Affleck's Palace.
- Businesses that didn’t have to close but have been severely impacted as a result of Manchester being put into the Local COVID Alert Level: Very High (Tier 3) on 23 October, the national lockdown from 5 November to 2 December or Local COVID Alert Level: Very High (Tier 3) on 2 December because they are in the wholesale supply chain of hospitality, accommodation, and leisure sectors. You don’t have to have a business rates account to claim this, for example:
- Businesses supplying or hiring goods and services to the hospitality and accommodation industry, such as sound systems, lighting, contract catering for weddings and events, and event management companies
- Businesses in the wholesale supply chain for beauty and therapeutic services - for example, hairdressing/beauty supplies including tattoos, massage, facials, eyebrows etc.
- Businesses in the wholesale supply chain for leisure and sports facilities, for example, gym supplies.
We are not paying grants to businesses in the wholesale supply chain of retail businesses not covered in this list. See other exclusions that apply
If your business is not covered by this list and you pay business rates, see if you are eligible for the Local Restrictions Support Grant or the Expanded Additional Restrictions Grant
Applications and time period covered
The ARG scheme covers the following time periods:
- 13 days from 23 October to 4 November when Manchester was put into Local COVID Alert Level: Very High (Tier 3)
- 28 days from 5 November to 2 December when England was subject to a national lockdown
- 14 days from 2 December to 16 December when Manchester was put under Local COVID Alert Level: Very High (new Tier 3)
You only need to apply once, we will assess your application and make sure that you receive all of the grant payments you are eligible for.