How to apply
Applications are now closed. We will make all decisions as soon as possible, if you have not heard back about your application within 10 working days please quote your application reference number in an email to email@example.com.
To qualify for the Culture Sector Hardship Fund for Freelancers you will be required to provide evidence of your professional work in the sector to support your application, including details of referees that can be contacted.
Manchester City Council and HOME are working with the Savannah Wisdom Foundation to assist the application and decision-making process and the review panel is made up of council officers and staff at HOME.
All applications will be considered on an individual basis and payment of the grant is at the discretion of the review panel.
The grant scheme will be live and open to applications from 1 February 2021.
A data sharing agreement is in place between all the parties to ensure that your personal information is managed safely and confidentially.
A fixed single grant amount of £1,500 is available per individual.
Grants will be awarded up to the point when the total amount available for scheme has been allocated.
Applications will be processed on a first come first served basis and in order of receipt from the date of launch up to the point that the fund amount is fully allocated.
What you will need
You will need to provide the following evidence to support your application:
- Proof of address, for example a council tax or utilities bill
- Bank statement for the account you wish to receive the grant into
- Bank statement showing personal savings
- Evidence of cancelled contracts for freelance work in the creative and cultural sector due to COVID-19 (can be emails or letters)
- A complete CV – Download our CV template - showing previous 15 months of jobs as a freelancer in the creative and cultural sector, or at least 8 weeks (5 weeks for disabled applicants) if new to the sector, from 1 January 2019 to 31 March 2020
- Contact details of two professional references in the creative and cultural sector
- If you have been declined for the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme you will need to attach evidence of this