We cannot deal with enquiries about pending applications so please do not call us: we will acknowledge applications when received, and get in touch when we are dealing with them. If your licence expires before the date listed below and you have not heard from us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your badge number and expiry date in the subject line.
Dates being processed
Drivers - private hire and hackney carriage:
- New driver: up to date - processing applications (on receipt of payment) within 2 working days; and
- Renewal driver: up to date - within 2 working days of receipt of application and payment, we are processing relevant documentation for licences that expire up to and including 31 May 2020.
Vehicles - private hire and hackney carriage:
- Renewal vehicles: up to date - within 2 working days of receipt of application, documentation & payment we are processing applications for licences that expire up to and including 3 May 2020. All vehicle tests for the duration of your renewed plate will be booked when your renewal is being processed. Depending on the age of your vehicle this will be 1, 2 or 3 tests.
We are up to date with applications (and processing within 2 working days of receipt of application, documentation and payment) for:
- New Vehicles
- Vehicles operating beyond age limit
- Vehicle transfers
- Replacement vehicles
Sometimes the processing of applications is delayed because:
- Payment is not made on time or the wrong fee was paid.
- Online DBS application has not been completed or you haven't signed up to the online DBS service.
- Not notifying us when you are not going to attend your document verification appointment.
- Not submitting all required documents with your application (i.e. DVLA licence summary, vehicle compatibility form etc).
Important information about renewals
Due to the high volume of applications being submitted close to expiry date, and often incomplete (missing off elements needed to validate the application) it sometimes takes several days to get through the licensing process; at these times we process renewal applications in expiry date order. We would reassure those of you that submit your application well in advance, that we will get to it as soon as possible, and certainly before it expires.
All renewal applications must be made and payment received 10 working days prior to the date of expiry of the licence. Your licence is at risk if you do not renew prior to the date of expiry; a new application will need to be submitted if your licence has expired (except in the case of hackney carriage vehicle proprietor licence). A new application for a hackney carriage vehicle proprietor licence cannot be submitted.
All applications must be paid online. Once your application is in stage 1 of the new driver process, we'll email you with a link to make the payment.
You cannot pay at the contact centre.