Check here to see the most recent information published on site.
Manchester welcomes proposed £4m Bee Network boost for cycling and walking in the city centre
The proposal to provide £4.2m for the Northern and Eastern Gateway scheme will be considered for approval at this month’s Greater Manchester Combined Authority meeting, on Friday 28 June.
Christmas Markets will return to Albert Square for winter 2019
Manchester’s much-loved Christmas Markets will return to Albert Square this year despite planned works to improve the square.
Top marks for ten years of Manchester Day
Ten years in and still going strong this year’s Manchester Day was once again a triumphant success scoring top marks with the thousands of people who flocked to enjoy it.
Manchester's first integrated health and community hub proposed for Gorton moves ahead
Local people are being asked for their input on Manchester’s first multi-service health and community hub planned for Gorton.
Pioneering clean air scheme will Protect Playgrounds from pollution in Manchester
A new pilot scheme which aims to boost air quality in school playgrounds located next to major roads is set to launch in Manchester.
New multi-agency approach to tackle school exclusions
A brand new strategy that takes a multi-agency approach to promoting inclusion and preventing exclusion from the city’s schools is up for discussion this week.
Manchester sets out ambition to be an accredited national living wage employer
Manchester City Council has outlined its ambition to be accredited as a Living Wage Employer by the Living Wage Foundation (LWF) in a report to the Resources and Governance Scrutiny Committee. (Tues, 18 June 2019).
New Prime Minister must support HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail, say Northern council leaders
Leaders of councils throughout the North of England have sent a joint letter to the Conservative leadership contenders urging them to commit to the delivery of HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail.
The only thing missing on Manchester Day is a market… well not anymore
In yet another Manchester Day first, an official event market will see some Manchester makers bring their creations to Exchange Square on Sunday 23 June.
Manchester Food and Drink Festival on-hand to feed Manchester Day
Their reputation proceeds them as purveyors of the finest food offerings in the region…
- Manchester welcomes proposed £4m Bee Network boost for cycling and walking in the city centre
- Neighbourhoods and Environment Scrutiny Committee Work Programme - July 2019
- The Constitution as at October 2018
- The Current Constitution May / June 2019
- Resources & Governance Scrutiny Committee Work Programme - July 2019
- Economy Scrutiny Committee Work Programme - July 2019
- Health Scrutiny Committee Work Programme - July 2019
- Children and Young People Scrutiny Committee Work Programme - July 2019
- Resources & Governance Scrutiny Committee Work Programme - June 2019
- Registration Service - Service Delivery Plan 2019/20
- New Premises Guidance
- Princess Road consultation
- List of specialist secondary schools for year 7 applications
- List of specialist primary schools for reception applications
- Summer Reading Challenge
- Eastlands regeneration framework consultation
- Civic Quarter Heat Network - heat and power solution
- Thomas Street pedestrian and cycle zone
- Regulation 7 direction (control of advertisements)
- Our proposed changes to the social housing rules
- A6 Stockport Road consultation
Moon Landing - 50th Anniversary
Join the Heaton Park Astronomy Group to celebrate 50 years since landing on the moon!
Fostering drop-in event
Find out more about fostering with Manchester
Meditating in nature
Meditating in Nature is an opportunity for you to switch-off after work and experience a deep sense of calm whilst enjoying the beauty of the grounds at The Whitworth
Party in the park
Free family friendly party celebrating the park with face painting and dog show
Picnic in the park
Streets Ahead return to Platt Fields with family friendly street theatre and music by the lake
Golden years caravan
Art with Heart invite you aboard the golden years caravan; a roving cinema and art gallery
Yoga in the park
Free morning yoga session in the park
Bubble Rush in aid of St Ann's Hospice
Bubble Rush is a fun run with a difference – it features lots of coloured bubbles!
Praise in the Park
Family fun day in the café courtyyard
The National Street Choirs Festival 2019
50 choirs from all over the country performing for the public.
- Moon Landing - 50th Anniversary